[Pacemaker] A function demand of the new environment.

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Oct 29 09:25:39 EDT 2009

Apologies for the delay

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:13 AM,  <renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>> Ok, but I'm trying to understand why.
>
> Thank you.
>
>> What function are these daemons performing?  Why do they need to keep
>> running even when the node is in standby?
>
> For example, respawn can detect the abnormality of the node before becoming online by detecting
> trouble in standby.

Even with respawn, the node still has to become a full cluster member
and complete resource probing before the respawned processes can have
any effect.

> In a sense it has the same effect to start pingd in respawn.

But we don't really encourage that anymore either.
Certainly no-one else running openais based clusters has seemed overly
concerned about being forced to run it as a resource.

You just have to write your rules so that the cluster produces the
"correct" behavior when no value exists for your attribute(s).

Or are you looking for the ability to do more than simply prevent
resources from running?