[Pacemaker] Stonith with VMWare/Vshpere

Ronny Tjoa pingko26 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 03:22:15 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to Pacemaker and clustering. I manage to setup 3 nodes (VMWare
ESXi) monitoring VIP, Asterisk and SIP messages. I would like to reboot the
node with fail resource after switching to another node.

Stonith seems to be the one that I need. However, there is no
information/example about external/vmware on the documentation and forum. I
found a recent post by Thomas Glanzmaan and his vsphere script for VMWARE
ESX. I cannot find any further information/example on this script. Has
anyone use this before? Can you please share information on how to use it?
Are there any changes required in the VMWare ESXi server?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ronny

My configuration (pacemaker 0.6.5 on Debian Lenny):

node pm01.iipc.com.au \
        attributes standby="off"
node pm02.iipc.com.au \
        attributes standby="off"
node pm03.iipc.com.au \
        attributes standby="off"
primitive failover-asterisk lsb:asterisk \
        op monitor interval="2s" \
        meta migration-threshold="0" target-role="Started" on-fail="Block"
primitive failover-ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr \
        params ip="10.100.56.100" cidr_netmask="32" \
        op monitor interval="5s" \
        meta target-role="Started" migration-threshold="0" on-fail="Block"
primitive failover-sip lsb:pjsua \
        op monitor interval="60s" \
        meta migration-threshold="0" target-role="Started" on-fail="Block"
clone cl-failover-asterisk failover-asterisk \
        meta clone-node-max="1"
colocation cl-asterisk-with-ip inf: failover-ip cl-failover-asterisk
colocation failover-sip-with-ip inf: failover-ip failover-sip
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        dc-version="1.0.4-2ec1d189f9c23093bf9239a980534b661baf782d" \
        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
        stonith-enabled="false" \
        no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
        expected-quorum-votes="3" \