[Pacemaker] Pacemaker shutdown issue

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 30 10:35:36 EST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:04:00AM -0500, Tony Bunce wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm having an issue with pacemaker and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
>
> I'm using pacemaker with openais on a set of NFS servers.  Every time I reboot the primary I get a split brain in DRBD.
>
> From what I can tell when openais is shutting down it doesn't stop the services it is controlling so as far as DRBD is concerned it is the same as a hard shutdown.
>
> I can reproduce the problem by stopping OpenAIS ("service openais stop" or "/etc/init.d/openais stop") and see that the controlled services (DRBD, files systems, nfs, etc.) are still running.
>
> I think this is the same exact problem:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/59384
>
> Version Info:
> CentOS 5.4 x64
> drbd83-8.3.2-6.el5_3
> openais-0.80.6-8.el5_4.1
> pacemaker-1.0.5-4.1
>
> Is there something special that needs to be configured so that when openais
> stops it stops all of the resources?

No. The sequence of events is that openais tells crmd that shutdown
is pending, then crmd will try to stop all resources which are running
on the node. It may happen, usually with resources which are broken for
whatever reason, that the shutdown is escalated and that crmd gives up
on waiting for resources to stop. At any rate, if you don't see log
messages of the form "lrmd.*stop.*<rsc>" then there is probably a bug.
Please make a hb_report and file a bugzilla.

Thanks,

Dejan