[Pacemaker] Debian packages, OCFS2, high CPU load

Stefan Förster cite+pacemaker at incertum.net
Fri Nov 27 12:24:41 EST 2009

* Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm>:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 01:05:41PM +0100, Stefan Förster wrote:
>> With Debian, apart from some minor glitches (path to controld.pcmk,
>> old udev, old kernel) everything went well, but as soon as I commit
>> the configuration containing the O2CB resources, both nodes become
>> unresponsive, cluster communication fails and corosync (which was
>> started as "aisexec") is at about 100% CPU.
>
> corosync runs as corosync. aisexec is from the older openais
> (0.8x).

With the Debian packages from http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha/,
openais contains "/usr/sbin/aisexec", which is a shellscript calling:

export COROSYNC_DEFAULT_CONFIG_IFACE="openaisserviceenableexperimental:corosync_parser"
corosync "$@"

The Debian openais package also contains /usr/lib/lcrso/service_ckpt.lcrso
which isn't loaded without the above environemnt settings. Amongst
others, it contains:

/usr/lib/lcrso/service_msg.lcrso
/usr/lib/lcrso/service_lck.lcrso
/usr/lib/lcrso/service_clm.lcrso
/usr/lib/lcrso/service_evt.lcrso
/usr/lib/lcrso/openaisserviceenable.lcrso
/usr/lib/lcrso/service_ckpt.lcrso
/usr/lib/lcrso/service_amf.lcrso
/usr/lib/lcrso/service_tmr.lcrso

> Otherwise, perhaps you found a bug. See if it's reproducible
> without o2cb.

I'm unsure on how to do this. Perhaps simply using another service
which relies on CKPT would trigger that bug?

Ciao
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster     http://www.incertum.net/     Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
Bedauerlicher Weise kann man den Sturz aus großer Höhe nicht trainieren.