[Pacemaker] Resource capacity limit

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Nov 5 13:28:16 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>> Which reminds me, I need to get devel sorted out...
>
> While you're at it, perhaps it would be good to rethink the
> release policy. For me in particular it would be great to know at
> least one week in advance when there'll be a release. For the
> general public as well, since they'll have a chance to do some
> testing of the new code.

The idea is that people can always pull from stable-1.0, in theory it
should never be broken.
If you're in the middle of stuff, keep it locally until you're done.

Generally though, I start testing on the 15th of every month.
I thought I said that somewhere... I know the releases page indicates
the month (if its delayed as it was due to my move).

But I'm thinking of moving to a bi-monthly cycle.  Thoughts?

> I know that you do test before
> releasing, but the more people test in various environments, the
> more bugs found. Also, it may be good to introduce and announce
> the feature freeze point, after which only bug fixes will be
> accepted.

Well in theory that point is x.y.0
I've been turning a blind eye to your changes in the shell because its
still very immature (I don't mean that negatively, its just new code).

Though I've a history of allowing isolated, non-invasive features if
we've not yet planned the next stable series (basically what happened
for the node health stuff from IBM).   Its a case-by-case thing, but
I'd agree that we could do with documenting this.