[Pacemaker] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Debian Packages for Pacemaker 1.0.6, completely revamped

Colin colin.hch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:32:27 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Martin Gerhard Loschwitz
<martin.loschwitz at linbit.com> wrote:

> i am happy to announce the availability of Pacemaker 1.0.6 packages
> for Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 alias Lenny (i386 and amd64).

Great, thanks!

> * pacemaker-openais and pacemaker-heartbeat are gone; pacemaker now
> only comes in one flavour, having support for corosync and heartbeat
> built it. This is based on pacemaker's capability to detect by which
> messaging framework it has been started and act accordingly.

One question: AFAICS the package dependencies automatically install
corosync, but not heartbeat; so in order to use pacemaker with
heartbeat we need to (a) disable corosync in /etc/rcS.d, and (b)
manually install heartbeat?

It also seems that http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Install and
http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Initial_Configuration seem to be
hopelessly out of date; suppose I wanted to try out pacemaker with
corosync from the latest packages, what do I minimally need to set up?

Thanks, Colin