[Pacemaker] enable to run crm line command

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 3 06:33:46 EST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 10:06:13AM +0100, ROUAMBA Halidou wrote:
> I tried to install python 2.4 but i faced to a lot of dependencies that i
> can't résolve.
> I don't have a active suscription on RHN.
> I looked towards many Forum and it recommand me to upgrade my OS to RHEL AS
> 5 because *The dependencies can often be re-written for the older OS. But
> you're seriously imperiling your **operating system** doinig this, because a
> *lot* of components like Yum rely on Python.*
> *See the below url.*
> http://linux.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/linux.redhat/2008-02/msg00085.html

I meant upgrading the whole distribution. The module which is not
available with before python 2.3 was introduced in crm because
the newer python versions would issue an ugly warning about using
a soon to be obsolete functions. Sigh. If there is a lot of demand
and the effort reasonably small I may consider supporting the
older version too. So far nobody reported these issues.

Thanks,

Dejan