[Pacemaker] Node crash when 'ifdown eth0'

Oscar Remí­rez de Ganuza Satrústegui oscarrdg at unav.es
Fri Nov 27 06:01:17 EST 2009

Good morning,

We are testing a cluster configuration on RHEL5 (x86_64) with pacemaker
1.0.5 and openais (0.80.5).
Two node cluster, active-passive, with the following resources:
Mysql service resource and a NFS filesystem resource (shared storage in
a SAN).

In our tests, when we bring down the network interface (ifdown eth0),
the openais service (aisexec process) and other processes (stonithd,
cib, attrd and crmd) crash, and just some processes are still running:
[root at herculespre ~]# ps -fea |grep "ais\|heartbeat"
root      2343  2335  0 Nov26 pts/0    00:00:18 /usr/lib64/heartbeat/lrmd
102       2345  2335  0 Nov26 pts/0    00:00:01 /usr/lib64/heartbeat/pengine
root     30347  2287  0 11:15 pts/0    00:00:00 grep ais\|heartbeat

We have to start again the openais service in order to bring up the node
into the cluster.
That is not happening if we just unplug the ethernet wire (through vmware).

Is this a known bug?
(I didn't want to spam the list with the full log, but if it is needed i
can post it)

I wanted to upgrade the packages in order to check if this is has been
resolved in the new versions (pacemaker 1.0.6 and openais 1.1.0), but i
couldn't find the new packages for RHEL5 on
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ha-clustering/RHEL_5/x86_64/
Does anybody know if they are coming soon or where can we get them?

Thank you very much for your work on this software!
And for your help!

Regards,

---
Oscar Remírez de Ganuza