[Pacemaker] Allow crm_mon to run as non-root user?

Aaron Brown abrown at bzzagent.com
Tue Nov 24 16:17:06 EST 2009

I am attempting to set up monitoring of my Pacemaker cluster with Nagios
and, as a start, I would like to use `crm_mon ­s` for general status and
also write a script to parse the results of `crm_mon ­1`.  The problem I am
having is that I can¹t run crm_mon as a non-root user and I¹m unwilling to
allow nagios/NRPE to run as root.

The message I receive is:
[user at host:~] $ crm_mon -1
Connection to cluster failed: connection failed

Is there a way to make crm_mon work as a non-root user?  Or alternatively,
it appears that Pacemaker has some SNMP support in the pacemaker-mgmt
package from the yum repository, but I can¹t find any documentation on it.

Suggestions are welcome,
Aaron