[Pacemaker] resource dependency

Alexandre Biancalana biancalana at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:42:29 EST 2009

Hi list,

 I'm building a 4 node cluster where 2 nodes will export drbd devices
via ietd iscsi target (storage nodes) and other 2 nodes will run xen
vm (app nodes) stored in lvm partition accessed via open-iscsi
initiator, using multipath to failover.

 Configuring the cluster resources order I came up with a situation
that I don't find a solution. The xen vm resources depends of iscsi
initiator resource to run, I have two iscsi initiator resources, one
for each storage node, how can I make the vm resources dependent on
any iscsi initiator resources ?

 I think in create a clone of the iscsi initiator resource, use rules
to change the clone options in a way that I can have two clones per
app node with different portal parameter. This way I could make the vm
resouces dependency on this clone. Is this possible ?

 I'm using debian-lenny with the packages described at
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Debian_Lenny_HowTo

Excuse me for the bad english.

Best Regards,

Alexandre