[Pacemaker] Error starting Apache on 2 nodes cluster

Angie T. Muhammad angie.tawfik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 18:56:34 EST 2009

Hello
I'm a pacemaker and openais beginner.
I followed the document 'cluster from scratch' and I successfully managed to
create and monitor a 'ClusterIP' and 'LoadBalancer' resources.

But, Whenever I try to start Apache:
# crm configure primitive WebSite ocf:heartbeat:apache params
configfile=/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf op monitor interval=1min

whether using (ocf:heartbeat:apache) or (lsb::httpd) I get the following
errors when watching crm_mon:

============
Last updated: Thu Nov 19 01:38:33 2009
Stack: openais
Current DC: test1.localdomain - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.5-462f1569a43740667daf7b0f6b521742e9eb8fa7
2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
3 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ test1.localdomain test2.localdomain ]

ClusterIP       (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started test1.localdomain
LoadBalancer    (lsb:haproxy):  Started test1.localdomain

Failed actions:
    WebSite_start_0 (node=test1.localdomain, call=9, rc=1, status=complete):
unknown error
    WebSite_start_0 (node=test2.localdomain, call=5, rc=1, status=complete):
unknown error
/************************************************************************************************************/

Knowing that I am using:
CentOS 5.4..
openais-0.80.5-15.1
pacemaker-1.0.5-4.1
# chkconfig httpd off
server-status is not enabled in my httpd.conf ...

I always check apache processes before configuring my crm using:

# ps aux | grep httpd
/* to make sure there are no zombie processes */

# /etc/init.d/httpd status
/* to gurantee it's stopped and nothing is locked */

Last but not least I am ataching the *last 100 lines of my /var/log/messages
* of the 2nd node to help you help me.
I have been on this loop for four days now and I have no idea why the crm
can't start apache though when manually starting it, everything runs
smoothly!!!

Thank you in advance
--
All the best,