[Pacemaker] Adding Cluster Nodes in Pacemaker "Configuration Explained"

Colin colin.hch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:25:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Colin <colin.hch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let's see whether I can summarise correctly:
>
> basically all correct
>
>> For Pacemaker + CoroSync/OpenAIS, the Pacemaker attribute
>> "expected-quorum-votes" tells the cluster how many votes it needs for
>> quorum. (What happens when the option is not set?)
>
> The cluster sets it for you based on how many nodes it can see.

Something strange is going on here:

- The cluster updates expected-quorum-votes even when I set it
manually; this seems to happen whenever a node joins or leavs the
cluster.

- A cluster with four expected-quorum-votes, and three of four nodes
online, still has quorum; is this a bug??? Or is expected-quorum-votes
not the number of nodes required in a partition to have quorum?

(I had configured expected-quorum-votes to three for a four-node
cluster, but it was somehow automatically changed to four, yet the
three nodes are still having quorum.)

What am I missing?

Thanks, Colin

PS: This is with the latest Pacemaker 1.0.6 Debian Lenny packages.