[Pacemaker] Simple Setup ?

bards 1888 bards1888 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 05:30:32 EST 2009

Hi,

I have been playing with pacemaker and openais to try and get some sort of
high-availability for the following services;

1. named
2. squid
3. dansguardian

My basic requirements are, a floating virtual IP that can exist on either
node of my 2 node cluster. Users will have a single server setup for DNS and
proxy and that will be the virtual IP. Obviously, the users will then get
directed to the 'master' node and all will be well. However, I want to be
able to run the services on the second node at the same time, so that, for
example, I can point my browser at the second proxy or have the slave DNS
server updated as zone changes are made on the master.

Is there any way I can define just the IP address as the Resource agent and
say "if you get the virtual IP, run this script" which would effectively run
/etc/init.d/service reload for each of the three services ?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers