[Pacemaker] couple of comments/questions on DRBD HowTo 1.0

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Mon Mar 30 08:08:29 EDT 2009

Dominik Klein wrote:
> Juha Heinanen wrote:
>> Lars Ellenberg writes:
>>
>>  > If that "Lars?" meant me, yes, please,
>>  > go ahead an delete outdated examples.
>>  > Replace with a reference to the drbd users guide
>>  > http://www.drbd.org/docs/about/ or
>>  > http://www.drbd.org/docs/install/
>>
>> how about the webserver example in DRBD HowTo 1.0?  i suspect that it
>> does not work.
>
> Works for me. Any other complaints?
>
>> if i try it without 'meta target-role=stopped' in fs0 resource,
>> pacemaker tried to mount the filesystem before drbd0 resource is running
>> resulting in error
>>
>> Mar 28 17:16:56 lenny1 lrmd: [13953]: info: rsc:fs0: start
>> Filesystem[15261]:	2009/03/28_17:16:57 INFO: Running start for /dev/drbd0 on /var/lib/mysql
>> Mar 28 17:16:57 lenny1 lrmd: [13953]: info: RA output: (fs0:start:stderr) /dev/drbd0: Wrong medium type
>
> Are you sure you had the colocation and order constraints by then? If
> so, please provide a hb_report covering that time so the bug can be fixed.

No need for this any more. I found that when you enter resource
definition and constraint definitions in one commit, the crm shell puts
out several xml commits. The resources go in first, the constraints
afterwards but in separate "pacakges". So there is some time in between
where there are no constraints which may lead to a start op that may
fail due to the lack of drbd promotion.

The bug has been reported to Dejan (the crm shell dev) and he will fix it.

Thanks!

Regards
Dominik