[Pacemaker] SLES 11 GM is available now - was Re: H.A. on SLES 11?

LLLActive at GMX.Net LLLActive at GMX.Net
Tue Mar 24 12:04:49 EDT 2009

LLLActive at GMX.Net wrote:
> Martin Gerhard Loschwitz wrote:
>
>> ... There was the need to invent a packaging design that would allow
>> Pacemaker to be built with OpenAIS and yet have the heartbeat-parts
>> it needs -- without having to install the complete Heartbeat suite.
>> So the heartbeat packages got split up into a schema that mostly
>> corresponds to the way that the SLES people decided to use for their
>> Heartbeat stuff.
>>

> This is what I need with SLES 11. At the moment I am testing with SLES
> 11 RC4. My time is quite limited, so I need to set up and test HA on
> the RC4 system and then only needing to copy across the configurations
> on SLES 11 when it officially comes out.
>
> My original thread about this problem was started on
> linux-ha at lists.linux-ha.org. It seems probable that the
> pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org list will be the one for SLES from now
> on, as SLES is dropping HA with heartbeat.
>
> ### My problem (copy of my latest mail to Linux-HA): ###
>
> On 03/19/2009 04:33 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
>
>> On 2009-03-19T10:23:18, Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> And the direct link for HAE:
>>>
>>> http://download.novell.com/sendredirect?target=%2Frest%2FKC9QgDHyiog%7E%2FSLE-11-HAE-i586-RC6-Media1.iso&buildid=KC9QgDHyiog&fileid=JEhojwhuIDc~&mirror=AkamaiHost&nohost=false
>>>
>>> But you're required to login, so I assume you need explicit access.
>>> Unluckily you'll need to wait for final version.
>>>
>> The packages are also available from the
>> server:ha-clustering:Factory project on the openSUSE Build Service;
>> it's what you can use if you want to test right now.

The downloads for SLES 11 GM is now available at: http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=hwRS9NNA004~

SLE HAE is *_not_* available as Evaluation at:
http://www.novell.com/products/highavailability/. Hopefully it is there
tomorrow.