[Pacemaker] how to prevent auto relocation of recources to old primary?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Mar 18 07:07:04 EDT 2009

Dominik Klein writes:

 > > when i shutdown the current primary, the resources get moved ok to
 > secondary,
 > > but when the old primary comes back up, the resources are automatically
 > > relocated back to the it.  why is that and how to prevent it?
 >
 > I understood your mysql moved to a drbd in secondary mode (which would
 > have been wrong but possible without order/colocation). But maybe what
 > you meant was that your mysql moved to the other node, which was
 > hopefully promoted correctly and then moved back to the first node once
 > it came back to the cluster.

yes, i meant the latter.

 > You can avoid this behaviour by setting the crm_config parameter
 > default-resource-stickiness to some positive integer value.
 >
 > Is this what you meant and does it work with the configuration?

thanks for the hint.  i gave crm command

property default-resource-stickiness=1

and it helped.  now the resources stay on node where they are working
ok.

i wonder why the line

location ms-drbd0-master-on-xen-1 ms-drbd0 rule role=master 100: #uname eq xen-1

is in the example config, because heartbeat seems to be doing what the
line says even without it.

-- juha