[Pacemaker] iLO2 stonith device

Adrian Chapela achapela.rexistros at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 12:13:46 EDT 2009

Dejan Muhamedagic escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 02:32:59PM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 17:13, Adrian Chapela
>> <achapela.rexistros at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> One more time.
>>>
>>> I have decided to use external/riloe as my stonith device but I have some
>>> doubts. My system will be a cluster of two nodes.
>>>
>>> First, Do I need to config riloe stonith as a clone ?
>>>
>> not required, but its an option that may (or may not) simplify the
>> configuration
>>

> Not much in a two-node configuration. Instead of a clone, there
> is a primitive and a location constraint.

Ok, if I understood well I need to have two primitives (or clones if I
want) one for each device. Of course I need to run the stonith device of
nodeA in nodeB, is this true ?

And, I am not sure about this kind of stonith because: we need a normal
interface (better if is redunded as  a bonding for example) to access to
iLO server interfaces but in each server there is only one iLO device.
If you have two switchs to achieve high availability, you will need two
devices... Other option could be two switchs, one for each ethernet card
on each server (two cards by server) and then one iLO device to one
switch and one to another switch. What do you think about this solution
? Could be reliable ?

>>> Second, this stonith device have some parameters of configuration: hostlist,
>>> ilo_hostname, ilo_user, ilo_password, ilo_can_reset, ilo_protocol,
>>> ilo_powerdown_method. All of examples I have seen have in hostlist one node
>>> Is this a list or is a hostname ?. Is ilo_hostname a hostname to access to
>>> ilo device ? Could have only one stonith clone for two nodes ?
>>>
>> You'd have to look at the code.
>> I dont know it personally, but one would hope that with a name like
>> hostlist it should support a list.
>>

> ilo_hostname is the ip address of the ilo device.
>

>>> The last question is about the license of the iLO2 card. Do I need a license
>>> to use this card as a poweroff device ? I think not because riloe is
>>> accessing iLO2 by https but I have downloaded a 60 trial license and now I
>>> can't try that. Has someone the answer ?
>>>
>> -ENOIDEA
>>

> Didn't know one needed a license for an ilo device.

I have tested today with another server without iLO Advanced license and
I can shutdown the server. The license only is needed to have a remote
console that is like a remote kvm. It is very good but it isn't needed
in Linux HA.