[Pacemaker] A very basic question

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Thu Mar 12 03:04:57 EDT 2009

>> Hi All,
>> i have a quesion regarding stonith on 4 nodes cluster( suse 11 openais +
>> pacemaker).  i
>> suppose i am using ilo or any other stonith where one stonith cant shoot
>> more than one node , so i guess , i  will have to create 4 stoniths for 4
>> node. assume i am using 4 nodes cluster (node1, node2 , node3 and node4).
>>
>> Lets say stonith-node1 is running on node 2 and stonith node-2 is running
>> on node1  .  we get a network failure which result node1 , node2 to be one
>> partiton  A and  node3 , node4 on other partion B

In this situation, unless you have no-quorum-policy=ignore, which I hope
you don't, you will not have any node do anything, as both partitions
are not larger than half the number of nodes.

Why don't you just stop making up situations you don't really seem to
understand and start testing? Maybe things will become clearer then.

Regards
Dominik