[Pacemaker] difference between anonymous and globally unique clone

Glory Smith xx2glory at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 03:56:14 EDT 2009

Hi All,
can any one help me in understanding the difference between anonymous and
globally unique clone.  anonymous Clones are supposed to behave identically
everywhere they are running but globally unique clone can behave differently
.

my understanding is, every resource agent has some sets of functions like
start, stop ,monitor. as it will be just executing start, stop according to
the resource's action . so if i do start on anonymous clone then it will be
started on all nodes. but  in case of globally unique i can start , stop
clone's resources on  individual node . is my understanding right? does it
have any other difference also?.

Best Regards,