[Pacemaker] emc symmetrix ocf ra

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri Jul 10 08:32:50 EDT 2009

> hi ml,
>
> i've attached a emc symmetrix ocf ra symsrdf we've written in a project.
> it switches the uni-directional replication of the mirror on startup.

Can you please post that to the linux-ha-dev list?

> two hacks are still in there:
> - to inform the DMMPIO of SLES10sp2 that the block device is now active i had
>   to restart the daemon.

Is this true even for newer multipathd releases? Running "multipath" on
the commandline should, IMHO, be sufficient, so maybe opening a bug
report would be good.

> ## license: GPLv3+, http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

FWIW, this would be the first GPLv3-only code in the project. Is there
any chance you'd be willing to go with GPLv2+?

> ## TODO: switch from vgdisplay to pvs to get device mapper name.
> ## TODO: strip the whole multipath handling from this agent?
> ## TODO: volume group name + symmetrix group as comma separated values?

I think this would be best. We already have a RA for handling VG/LVM
stuff, and this seems to be duplicating that functionality. A reduced RA
to only handle SRDF might be a better idea?

Regards,
    Lars

--
SuSE Labs, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.