[Pacemaker] skip resource restart when changing instance attributes

Andreas Kurz andreas.kurz at linbit.com
Thu Jul 9 10:45:32 EDT 2009

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 03:51:39PM +0200, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'd like to ask small question regarding changing instance attributes.
>> When I change attributes for my resource, pacemaker always restarts the resource.
>> Is it possible to skip this step in case it's not required?
>
> No.

hmmm ... if the RA implements the 'reload' operation, a change of
non-unique instance parameters should prevent the restart in favor of a
reload ... or am I wrong?

Regards,
Andreas

> Thanks,
>
> Dejan
>
>> thanks a lot for reply in advance
>> BR
>> nik
>>
>> --
>> -------------------------------------
>> Nikola CIPRICH
>> LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.
>> 28. rijna 168, 709 01 Ostrava
>>
>> tel.:   +420 596 603 142
>> fax:    +420 596 621 273
>> mobil:  +420 777 093 799
>> www.linuxbox.cz
>>
>> mobil servis: +420 737 238 656
>> email servis: servis at linuxbox.cz

: Andreas Kurz
: Tel +43-1-8178292-64, Fax +43-1-8178292-82
:
: http://www.linbit.com

This e-mail is solely for use by the intended recipient(s). Information
contained in this e-mail and its attachments may be confidential,
privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby formally notified that any use, copying, disclosure or
distribution of the contents of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is
prohibited. Also please notify immediately the sender by return e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.