[Pacemaker] stonith suice / chaining stonith agents

Bernd Schubert bs_lists at aakef.fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 23 11:19:56 EDT 2009

Hello,

for suicides I would prefer to have a stonith agent that resets the system
with sysrq-s, sysrq-u and sysrq-b, since that would at least allow to sync
filesystems.

An option would be to check in all agents if the local node node is to be
reset, if try to use sysrq, if not or if sysrq fails use stonith.
But it is annyoing to modify each agent for that purpose. So it would be
helpful to have a chain of stonith agents. E.g. first try sysrq, if that fails
try ipmi, if that fails try PDU.

I also somehow remember to have read/head that it is possible to do that, but
I can't find web reference to that (maybe I'm searching for the wrong
keywords?).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bernd