[Pacemaker] Manual promote/demote and time between demote and promote

hj lee kerdosa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 14:04:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am building a simple multi-state clone with max-master=2. The
demote/promote is working OK by using migration-threshold or co-location
constraint. But I have two questions:

1. Except these two methods, is there any way to invoke demote/promote
manually just for testing?
2. By using co-location constraint, the time takes from demote to promote is
around 3 sec(when notify is enabled) and 1 sec (when notify is disabled).
For mission critical application, I think a downtime of 1 or 3 sec is too
long. How can I minimize this transition time?

Thanks in advance
hj