[Pacemaker] lrmadmin -T stonith...

Alain St-Denis alain.st-denis at ec.gc.ca
Fri Jul 10 15:41:21 EDT 2009

Le 17 juin 2009, Dejan Muhamedagic a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 04:58:20PM -0400, Alain St-Denis wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just built pacemaker-heartbeat 1.0.4 for etch using Martin's source
> > package for lenny. I had to drop snmp support and the gui wouldn't build,
> > but aside from this, it builds and installs. For some reason,
> > pacemaker-openais was set as a dependency for pacemaker-heartbeat so I
> > had to work around that cause i'ts not obvious to install a package a
> > dependency that is also listed as a conflict...
> >
> > When I define a stonith resource, I see this in the log:
> >
> > lrmd: [5937]: ERROR: on_ra_proc_finished: can not find RAExec for
> > resource class <stonith>
> > lrmd: [6230]: ERROR: perform_ra_op::3127: can't find RAExec for class
> > stonith
>
> The LRM stonith plugin is missing. It's part of pacemaker, but
> not sure which package for debian. Should be installed in
>
> /usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/RAExec/stonith.so
> (or /usr/lib64)
>
> A packaging problem?

Maybe. The file you mention above does exist but lrmd doesn't load it (lsof
shows all other plugins but not this one)...

ldd -r /usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/RAExec/stonith.so gives:
undefined symbol: __stack_chk_guard     (/usr/lib/libstonithd.so.0)
undefined symbol: __stack_chk_fail      (/usr/lib/libstonithd.so.0)
undefined symbol: __stack_chk_guard
(/usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/RAExec/stonith.so)
undefined symbol: __stack_chk_fail
(/usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/RAExec/stonith.so)

Looks like this may be the problem... Stack protection is not available with
glibc <= 2.3. I worked around it by removing the "-fstack-protector-all"
option from CFLAGS in configure. It works now.

I'll keep watching Martin's repo for clean Etch packages. Or I'll push for a
more recent distro... :-)

Alain

--
Alain St-Denis
Supercomputing, Systems and Storage / Superinformatique, systèmes et stockage,