[Pacemaker] very urgent

Glory Smith xx2glory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:24:15 EST 2009

> we kill the node with STONITH.
> very hard for a machine to write to shared media when its powered off.
>

> we can kill nodes when:
> - nodes become unresponsive - nodes are not part of the cluster that has
> quorum
> - resources fail to stop when instructed
> - resources fail in any way (optional)

1) well if somehow STONITH fails to kill the errant node and the node is
still alive , it will be able to do IO on shared disk.   this can cause data
integrity issue right??

2) suppose we have set STONITH action to reboot then the errant node can
comeup and still write to shared disk , even if it does not suppose to do
this.

if openais -pacemaker provide something  for resouce fencing we would have
completely ruled out  above possiblities  Please share your view.

   i am sure you ppl must have something .