[Pacemaker] crm_resource problem

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Aug 17 15:18:35 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Dan Urist<durist at ucar.edu> wrote:
> I have the following definition for an LVM volume, extracted from
> cibadmin -Q:
>
>>       <!-- LVM volume vsvg1 -->
>>       <primitive class="ocf" id="vsvg1" provider="heartbeat" type="LVM">
>>         <instance_attributes id="vsvg1-instance_attributes">
>>           <nvpair id="vsvg1-instance_attributes-volgrpname" name="volgrpname" value="vsvg1"/>
>>           <nvpair id="vsvg1-instance_attributes-target_role" name="target_role" value="stopped"/>
>>         </instance_attributes>
>>         <meta_attributes id="vsvg1-meta_attributes">
>>           <nvpair id="vsvg1-meta_attributes-target-role" name="target-role" value="Started"/>
>>         </meta_attributes>
>>       </primitive>
>
> I want to get email alerts when this volume is started/stopped, so I'd
> like to put it in a group with a MailTo resource. For my own clarity,
> I'd like to name the group "vsvg1", so I'd like to delete this resource
> and then define my group.
>
> I've tried unmanaging the resource with:
>
>     crm_resource -p is_managed -r vsvg1 -t primitive -v off
>
> and stopping the resource with:
>
>     crm_resource -r vsvg1 -p target_role -v stopped
>
> neither of which seem to do anything according to crm_mon, and when I do:
>
>     crm_resource -W -r vsvg1
>
> it tells me the resource is still running. When I try to delete the
> resource with:
>
>     crm_resource -D -r vsvg1 -t primitive
>
> I get the error "Error performing operation: Update does not conform to
> the configured schema/DTD"
>
> Is crm_resource broken,

Possibly, but not in this case.
I'd guess you had some constraints that reference the vsvg1 resource.

Deleting the resource would therefore leave dangling dependancies
which is not allowed.

Btw. if you used the "shadow" feature of the crm shell, you'd have
been able to make it into a group without deleting or stopping it.