[Pacemaker] Bug in debian packages (http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha)

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Wed Aug 12 06:46:42 EDT 2009

Andrew Beekhof wrote:

>> In Ubuntu's pacemaker we've already created an init script that creates
>> /var/run/[crm|heartbeat] and sets correct permissions. That init script
>> is started before corosync which then starts corosync service.
>
> For corosync, the plugin should create those directories when it gets loaded.
> In theory, this hack should only be needed for heartbeat based clusters.

Right, those directories are created only when pacemaker's services are
started, but on all of my testing machines they get created with some
funny permissions.

So, what we did isn't a solution, it's just a hack to make it work as it
should. First idea was a 'pre-run' function for plugins in corosync
which would set up those directories before starting services, but there
was no time to hack on that (function like that could be used for other
stuff too). Adding directory handling into corosync's init script also
isn't a solution since only pacemaker needs that.

Quickest and easiest was to have that dummy init for pacemaker...