[Pacemaker] Feature request: Syntax error prevention

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Fri Aug 21 06:17:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

there just was a mail on the list about an error in a resource. The problem
was a simple syntex error:

primitive drbd0-block ocf:heartbeat:drbd \
    params drbd_resrource="nfs01"

It also happened sometimes to me so I'd like to see some kind of syntax check
in the CRM subshell.

Perhaps it would be possible to check if all nescessary parameters of a
resource do exists? On the other hand, the crm could display all perameters
the RA doesn't know at all.

In case of a failure the output could be "Parameter (...) missing, but
needed." and "The resource agent doesn't know the parameter (...). Are you
sure you want to configure it?"

Perhaps depending on the level of the crm (expert, hack mode).

Greetings,

Michael.