[Pacemaker] About a stop/restart of the monitor.

renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp
Thu Aug 6 01:25:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

We examined a method to reopen after having stopped the monitor of the resource in environment of
latest Pacemaker.

Of course we understand that a monitor stops by making a cluster a maintenance mode.
However, our customer wants to stop a monitor individually without making a cluster a maintenance
mode.

Two next methods were found.

Method 1)I stop a monitor by a cibadmin command and I add it by a crm command and restart.
 * cibadmin -D -X '<op id="prmDummy1-monitor" interval="10s" name="monitor" on-fail="restart" />'
-----> stop monitor
 * crm(live)# configure
 * crm(live)configure# monitor prmDummy1 10s:60s -----> append monitor
 * crm(live)configure# commit ----> restart monitor
 * exit
 * cibadmin -R -X '<op id="prmDummy1-monitor-10s" interval="10s" name="monitor" timeout="60s"
on-fail="restart" />' ----> update monitor

Method 2)I change a monitor interval by a cibadmin command and stop and restart.
 * cibadmin -R -X '<op id="prmDummy1-monitor" interval="0" name="monitor" on-fail="restart" />' ----->
stop monitor
 * [root at node01 ~]# cibadmin -R -X '<op id="prmDummy1-monitor" interval="10s" name="monitor"
on-fail="restart" />' -----> restart monitor

Operation was the simplest, and the operation that it was easy to use was the second method.
We are going to recommend the second method to a customer.

If there is the stop method of the monitor which community else recommends, please teach it.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.