[Pacemaker] building dev on Solaris

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 15 04:31:27 EDT 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2008, at 1:55 PM, David Lee wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > In heartbeat this sort of thing occured with several routines, and the
> > subdirectory "replace/" was designed and maintained to handle it.
> >
> > Presumably there is a "replace/" in pacemaker?
>
> No, but we link against the heartbeat libs which include those
> functions if needed.
>
> At least, thats the theory

Ah!  OK.  Thanks Andrew.

(What happens when the linkage is against openais rather than heartbeat?)

> > The alternative thing we did on such occurences was to see whether
> > there
> > was a nearby routine of similar functionality but wider
> > availability, and
> > adjust the source code, if reasonably possible, to use that.

Paul: If you can find a way to recode to call a similar-but-portable one
(if reasonably possible without compromising the the source code) that
would probably be better.

Man pages of various OSes available at:
   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi

Very useful for seeing what system-routines are available where, and for
defining what the unfamiliar system-routines are intended to do.

Hope that helps.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :