[Pacemaker] building dev on Solaris

Paul Walsh Paul.Walsh at bcu.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 07:29:30 EDT 2008

> ../lib/common/.libs/libcrmcommon.so: attempted multiple inclusion of file
> vasprintf                           ../lib/common/.libs/libcrmcommon.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/cib
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [cib] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/software/Pacemaker-Devel-d3799a333adb/cib'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> I've found a reference to vasprintf in /usr/local/lib/libiberty.a :
>
> vasprintf.o:
> 00000000 t int_vasprintf
>          U malloc
>          U strchr
>          U strlen
>          U strtoul
> 000002b0 T vasprintf
>          U vsprintf
>

> But I suspect I'm missing a shared library somewhere.
>
> As a matter of interest (and David Lee touched on this the other day) - is there a minimum version of gcc that's used
> when testing?

After a bit of googling it seems vasprintf is part of Glibc which isn't available on Solaris and won't build from source:

# cd glibc-build
# ../glibc-2.7/configure
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
*** The GNU C library is currently not available for this platform.
*** So far nobody cared to port it and if there is no volunteer it
*** might never happen.  So, if you have interest to see glibc on
*** this platform visit
***     http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/porting.html
*** and join the group of porters
#

Need to find a way round this for Pacemaker to build on Solaris :(

--
Paul Walsh