[Pacemaker] Re: [Linux-HA] the crm command line interface

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 9 19:13:45 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 04:10:04PM -0600, Serge Dubrouski wrote:
> [...]

The command-line completion has been implemented a few days ago.

> >> Would be good but how one knows what is available?

I'm trying to keep the doc up to date, but this time failed to do
that. The help system should be quite good by now and I hope that
most people should be able to get by just using that.

> > Command-line completion would provide for that. You just hit tab-tab and
> > all possible completions are listed.
>
> That would do. But there there has to be a possibility for multiline
> input. Defining a primitive could be much larger than regular 80
> characters and in one line it become unreadable. So one shall be
> allowed to split let say defining parameters and operations to several
> lines.

You can use the continuation character (\) as in shell.

> >> You know,  in old good times such thing did exist:
> >>
> >> 1. Create a primitive
> >> 2. Delete a primitive
> >> 16. Commit
> >> 17. Exit
> >
> > Right. I always hated that. ;-) I understand others might, but I dislike
>
> Matter of taste :-)

I'm afraid that I can't promise anything of the kind right now.

> >> A bug against what? CLI or cibadmin?
> >
> > CLI; it should not refuse to display it. Allowing you to define it from
> > scratch - it probably shouldn't.
>
> It doesn't allow to define it but cibadmin refuses to accept it
> without intervals complaining that it doesn't conform to DTD. That's
> why I have it in my xml file.

This was a lexer problem. Somehow it let the newline get into a
token. It's fixed now.

The cibadmin wouldn't complain about a missing interval. The DTD
says nothing about that. The CRM could, not sure about that.

The CLI is also not checking that. It may do so in future, not
decided yet about it, as it may prove to be too difficult.

Thanks,

Dejan