[Pacemaker] Re: [Linux-HA] the crm command line interface

Serge Dubrouski sergeyfd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:10:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:
> On 2008-09-08T15:53:39, Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Part of this could be provided through command-line completion, which
>> > would be my personal preferences.
>> Would be good but how one knows what is available?
>
> Command-line completion would provide for that. You just hit tab-tab and
> all possible completions are listed.

That would do. But there there has to be a possibility for multiline
input. Defining a primitive could be much larger than regular 80
characters and in one line it become unreadable. So one shall be
allowed to split let say defining parameters and operations to several
lines.

>> > "interactive menus" - we _are_ talking about a CLI, not a GUI here. ;-)
>> You know,  in old good times such thing did exist:
>>
>> 1. Create a primitive
>> 2. Delete a primitive
>> 16. Commit
>> 17. Exit
>
> Right. I always hated that. ;-) I understand others might, but I dislike

Matter of taste :-)

> it.

>> > intervals on non-monitor? The CLI probably refuses to parse this because
>> > it's a semantic bug, which the DTD can't protect against ;-) But yes,
>> > that's a bug. Please file it.
>> A bug against what? CLI or cibadmin?
>
> CLI; it should not refuse to display it. Allowing you to define it from
> scratch - it probably shouldn't.

It doesn't allow to define it but cibadmin refuses to accept it
without intervals complaining that it doesn't conform to DTD. That's
why I have it in my xml file.

> The pacemaker 0.7 release might be smarter to catch that at the schema
> layer, but I can't test that right now.
>

> Regards,
>    Lars
>
> --
> Teamlead Kernel, SuSE Labs, Research and Development
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
> "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." -- Oscar Wilde

Serge Dubrouski.