[Pacemaker] Re: [Linux-HA] the crm command line interface

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Sep 8 17:40:53 EDT 2008

On 2008-09-08T15:29:36, Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Dejan -
>
> I just tried to use your tool for creating primitives and honestly
> didn't like how it does it. Instead of typing a definition for a
> primitive/group/clone/etc... in one line that includes all possible
> attributes and operations I'd rather have a more interactive tool that
> would guide me through possible choices.

Part of this could be provided through command-line completion, which
would be my personal preferences.

> For example "primitive myIP IPAddr" command could generate a generic
> XML template for a such primitive and put it into vi/emacs editor
> allowing user to change parameters and operations attributes.

This will come; if you use a shadow CIB, it should allow you to edit the
generated/changed raw XML before committing.

> Or a set of interactive menus with possible attributes and  operations
> that would allow user to select necessary attributes and set values
> for them.

"interactive menus" - we _are_ talking about a CLI, not a GUI here. ;-)

>              <op id="monitor_myIP" name="monitor" interval="30s" timeout="30s"/>
>              <op id="start_myIP" interval="30s" name="start" timeout="30s"/>
>              <op id="stop_myIP" interval="30s" name="stop" timeout="30s"/>

intervals on non-monitor? The CLI probably refuses to parse this because
it's a semantic bug, which the DTD can't protect against ;-) But yes,
that's a bug. Please file it.

Regards,
    Lars