[Pacemaker] [RFC] Splitting cluster.git into separate projects/trees

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 07:05:38 EST 2008

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:06, Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>
>>> Top-posting...
>>>
>>> #1 is what the current "situation" evolved from so I think its pretty
>>> clear that despite the best of intentions, it doesn't work out (far
>>> too easy for cross-dependancies to develop).
>>>
>>> #2 - I share chrissie's feelings on this one ;-)
>>>
>>> #3 - Thats got my vote - basically what we did with Pacemaker.
>>>
>>> The biggest question here is do you want old versions of the split out
>>> code to be buildable?
>>
>> I am not 100% sure I understand what you mean..
>
> Perhaps an example from our split...
>
> The Pacemaker repo includes the _entire_ Heartbeat history up until the split.
> This allows me to build versions of the crm from before the split
> (handy if you're doing "hg bisect" to track down which changeset broke
> something).

Oh yeah ,, that's the same thing I think I suggested. Maybe I didn't
express myself properly but I want the full history for the sub project
but not of unrelated stuff.

So dlm.git will have the full dlm history up to HEAD/master. but it will
not have cman history inside.

cluster.git will instead retain full history of everything up to the
split.

Fabio