[Pacemaker] ANNOUNCE: Pacemaker 0.6.5 now available (bug-fix only release)

Andrew Beekhof abeekhof at suse.de
Fri Jun 20 06:49:34 EDT 2008

Testing is complete which means its time for another Pacemaker bugfix-
only release.

Packages for Pacemaker and it's immediate dependancies can be
downloaded from the usual location:
    http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/ha-clustering

The source can be obtained from:
   http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/stable-0.6/archive/Pacemaker-0.6.5.tar.bz2

For a breakdown of the available packages and what parts are optional,
please refer to
   http://clusterlabs.org/mw/Install#Package_List

For 0.6.6 (due for release in August) I have agreed to include
stonithd, of which Dejan is the maintainer, into the project.
The reason for the inclusion is so that it can support both cluster
stacks (and to do this we've chosen to use of some Pacemaker libraries).
We considered its inclusion for 0.6.5 but it was not felt we could
test it sufficiently in that timeframe.

The inclusion of STONITH requires that we update the Heartbeat
packages and there will also be a refresh of the OpenAIS package
(which is proving to be a significant improvement).

regards,
Andrew

Begin lazy paste from the changelog...

   * Update source tarball to revision: b9fe723d1ac5

   * Statistics:
       Changesets:       48
       Diff:                  37 files changed, 1204 insertions(+),
234 deletions(-)

   * Changes since Pacemaker-0.6.4
   + High: Admin: Repair the ability to delete failcounts
   + High: ais: Audit IPC handling between the AIS plugin and CRM
processes
   + High: ais: Have the plugin create needed /var/lib directories
   + High: ais: Make sure the sync and async connections are assigned
correctly (not swapped)
   + High: cib: Correctly detect configuration changes - num_updates
does not count
   + High: PE: Apply stickiness values to the whole group, not the
individual resources
   + High: PE: Bug N:385265 - Ensure _all_ groups (even ones no
colocated with anything) are migrated instead of remaining partially
active on the current node
   + High: PE: Bug N:396293 - Enforce manditory group restarts due to
ordering constraints
   + High: PE: Correctly recover master instances found active on more
than one node
   + High: PE: Ensure groups are migrated instead of remaining
partially active on the current node
   + High: PE: Fix memory leaks reported by Valgrind
   + Medium: Admin: crm_mon - Misc improvements from Satomi Taniguchi
   + Medium: ais: Don't try to uncompress empty messages
   + Medium: Bug LF:1900 - Resource stickiness should not allow
placement in asynchronous clusters
   + Medium: Core: Improved decoding of the different transition_key
formats
   + Medium: crmd: Ensure joins are completed promptly when a node
taking part dies
   + Medium: PE: Avoid clone instance shuffling in more cases
   + Medium: PE: Bug LF:1906 - Remove an optimization in
native_merge_weights() causing group scores to behave eratically
   + Medium: PE: Make use of target_rc data to correctly process
resource operations
   + Medium: PE: Prevent a possible use of NULL in sort_clone_instance()
   + Medium: TE: Include target rc in the transition key