[Pacemaker] build pacemaker package (./ConfigureMe package)

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:23:02 EST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 5:05 AM, Junko IKEDA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have built heartbeat and pacemaker at the dictation of the following
> instructions.
>
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/mw/Install
>
> It worked!
> The documentation was very useful.
>
> but when I tried to build package(./ConfigureMe package),
> there were some errors like this;
> (OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga))
>
> pacemaker(changeset: 8730c2044510)
> Running gmake rpm

ah, that target isn't (yet) supported for pacemaker
probably because there is no .spec file included with the project
(i'll grab the one we use for the build service packages and add it
shortly).

> rm -f pacemaker.tar.gz
> hg archive -t tgz pacemaker.tar.gz
> echo Rebuilt pacemaker.tar.gz on `date`
> Rebuilt pacemaker.tar.gz on Fri Jan 18 11:47:47 JST 2008
> /usr/bin/rpmbuild -ta pacemaker.tar.gz </dev/null;
> error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
> error: License field must be present in package: (main package)
> gmake: *** [rpm] Error 1
>
> The detail was attached.
>

> This isn't a problem about pacemaker,
> heartbeat also generated an error if there was --disable-crm option.

the problem here is that "make dist" (which generates the tar-ball)
was also run with --disable-crm, so the entire crm directory structure
isn't there.
personally I prefer to use 'hg archive -t tgz heartbeat.tar.gz' to
create my tarballs.  that way everything is there and there is no
chance of any local changes sneaking in accidentally.

i'll push up a patch that stops configure looking for those files if --
disable-crm is used