[Pacemaker] crm_verify issues warning (probably unjustified)

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:09:33 EST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 12:37 AM, Andreas Mock wrote:

> Hi all, hi Andrew, hi Lars,
>
> I'm not sure if this is right or intended in HAv2 (2.1.3):
> a) As far as I know the proper way to stop a ressource is
> setting the attribute "target_role" in the meta-section to "stopped".
> b) When I do that crm_verify -L -VVV issues a warning of the
> following type:
> ---------------------8<---------------------------------------
> crm_verify[22465]: 2008/01/18_00:22:47 WARN: native_color: Resource
> r_ip-172.30.100.3 cannot run anywhere
> Warnings found during check: config may not be valid
> ---------------------8<---------------------------------------
>
> In my opinion the warning is unjustified and unnecessary.
> The warning: "Warnings found during check: config may not be valid"
> is missleading IMHO.

well it is a high availability cluster :-)

having resources not be active isn't totally "normal" for a high
availability cluster but, as you said, its possible that it is what
the admin wants (which is why its a warning with 'may' instead of an
error with 'is').

but if people feel strongly about it, i can drop the severity to
'notice' (at least when target_role is set)