[Pacemaker] CRM and openAIS

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:54:21 EST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Serge Dubrouski wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2008 11:33 PM, Andrew Beekhof <beekhof at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 10, 2008, at 10:28 PM, Serge Dubrouski wrote:
>>> 4. For some yet unknown reason I wasn't able to make openais to log
>>> into /var/log/openais.log. My logging section of config file looks
>>> like this:
>>>
>>> logging {
>>>       fileline: off
>>>       to_stderr: yes
>>>       to_file: yes
>>>       to_syslog: yes
>>>       syslog_facility: daemon
>>>       logfile: /var/log/openais.log
>>>       debug: on
>>>       timestamp: on
>>>       logger_subsys {
>>>               subsys: CRM
>>>               debug: off
>>>               tags: enter|leave|trace1|trace2|trace3|trace4|trace6
>>>               fileline: off
>>>       }
>>> }
>>
>> i think (you might need to check with the openais guys) that only one
>> type of logging is performed and syslog_facility takes precedent over
>> logfile
>
> Without syslog facility enabled there was no logging at all. I'll try
> to contact openAIS guys.

odd
maybe my logging config is broken

>>> 5. openais started all right but CRM failed to start:
>>>
>>> Jan 10 16:13:01 fc-node2 openais[16305]: [SERV ] Service initialized
>>> 'openais configuration service'
>>> Jan 10 16:13:01 fc-node2 openais[16305]: [SERV ] Service initialized
>>> 'openais cluster closed process group service v1.01'
>>> Jan 10 16:13:01 fc-node2 openais[16305]: [SERV ] Service failed to
>>> load 'lha_crm'.
>>> Jan 10 16:13:01 fc-node2 openais[16305]: [SYNC ] Not using a virtual
>>> synchrony filter.
>>> Jan 10 16:13:01 fc-node2 openais[16305]: [TOTEM] Creating commit
>>> token because I
>>>
>>> I wasn't able to find any additional information.
>>
>> can you do an ls of /usr/lib/lcrso for me pls?
>> looks like the plugin cant be found or wont load
>
> # ls /usr/lib/lcrso
> ls: /usr/lib/lcrso: No such file or directory

s/lib/libexec/ ?
i forget what defaults are for red hat

>>> 7. None of the installed packages included ocf RAs. How is it
>>> supposed
>>> to run resources?
>>
>> they're in heartbeat-resources
>>
>> though i'm not 100% sure breaking them out into their own package
>> is a
>> good idea.  thoughts?
>
> I'm kind of disagree. Without them CRM is almost useless,

well in theory the Red Hat (or anyone else) could supply their own set
of RAs which could be used instead

> so I'd put them into pacemaker-openais.

Even if I wanted to (which I'm not convinced I do), there are
political problems with doing so and we would start having double
maintenance issues.
If anything, I'd merge heartbeat-resources with heartbeat-common.

> I take it that at the end you are going to get rid of heartbeat-
> common.

no, no plans for that.