[Pacemaker] Question regarding config directive 'crm yes' vs. 'crm respawn'

Andreas Mock Andreas.Mock at web.de
Thu Jan 17 16:25:08 EST 2008

Hi all, hi Andrew,

congratulations to the first unitized heartbeat/crm-package-set.

In your docmentation I found this paragraph which I don't understand:
http://clusterlabs.org/mw/Initial_Configuration#Heartbeat_2

Therein you write '[...]or, if you plan to enable STONITH [...] crm respawn [...]'.

What do you mean with that in contrast to the directive 'crm yes'?

Document at http://www.linux-ha.org/ha.cf states that the directive
'crm' just takes 'HeartbeatBoolean' which is explained in the linked
document 'http://www.linux-ha.org/HeartbeatBoolean'.
The document also states that 'crm yes' implies automatically the following
settings:
        apiauth stonithd        uid=root
        apiauth crmd            uid=hacluster
        apiauth cib             uid=hacluster

        respawn hacluster       ccm
        respawn hacluster       cib
        respawn root            stonithd
        respawn root            lrmd
        respawn hacluster       crmd

1) So, is this still true?
2) Is the directive 'crm' enhanced?
3) What is the difference between 'crm yes' and 'crm respawn'?
4) If it's different, can this be documented?

Best regards
Andreas Mock