[Pacemaker] general conditions regarding (paid) consulting

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 10 10:57:22 EST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:01:49AM +0100, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 06:59:43PM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> >> A good question.
> >>
> >> I know Novell is always happy to provide consulting services, but you do
> >> need to be running SLES which isn't an option for some people.
> >> IIRC, there are others out there offering some training but I don't know
> >> the details.
> >>
> >> I think the creation of a Professional Support page would be a good idea.
> >> If people would like their services to be listed, please make yourselves
> >> know via the list and supply contact details, location and a brief overview
> >> of what you offer.
> >
> > There's already linux-ha.org/Support with some addresses.
>
> the problem i see with these options is, that pacemaker - especially
> v1.0 - which significantly changed and improved the cluster's behavoir.

Yes, there are quite a few changes and even more improvements,
but v1.0 is not substantially different from the pre-1.0 CRM.
There's an appending in Andrew's Configuration Explained PDF
titled "What changed" or similar. IIRC, it fits on a single page.

> so i would like to ensure that i am not paying for some linux-ha v2
> support, which is not going to work here :) (no offense meant)

No offense taken, but I doubt that those people are behind
developments.

Thanks,

Dejan