[Pacemaker] crm_resource - migrating/halt a cloned resource

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Sat Dec 6 10:45:42 EST 2008

Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> but not the clone name (i took a guess before because i didn't know what
> it was called):
>
>    crm_resource -M -r clone_webservice

indeed - but in my opinion, i want to tell the cluster the exact
resource that i want to migrate and the cluster should work the rest
out itself.

as far as i remember, the clones/groups are just an easy way to
configure resources and not having to specify all the rules/constraints
manually.

so, imho, it could be valid that parts of the group remain running.

a.g. when i have a group with A B C D and C is not able to start,
then A B will still be able to run - right?

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15