[ClusterLabs Developers] OCF resource agent 1.1 standard ready to be released!

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 15:19:56 EST 2021

Hi all,

It's been a long time coming, but we are now finally ready to formalize
the 1.1 version of the OCF resource agent standard.

Comments and discussion are invited on the pull request (as well as
this list):

   https://github.com/ClusterLabs/OCF-spec/pull/24

The main goals of this revision are to formalize existing widespread
practice that deviates from or extends the 1.0 standard, and to add
optional new meta-data hints that user interfaces can benefit from.

The pull request description gives an extensive summary of the changes.
The relevant files themselves can be viewed at:

- The standard:
https://github.com/kgaillot/OCF-spec/blob/ocf1.1/ra/1.1/resource-agent-api.md

- The agent meta-data schema:
https://github.com/kgaillot/OCF-spec/blob/ocf1.1/ra/1.1/ra-api.rng

- Example agent meta-data:
https://github.com/kgaillot/OCF-spec/blob/ocf1.1/ra/1.1/ra-metadata-example.xml

After this list has been able to comment on the changes a bit, I'll
bring it to the users list as well, and hopefully agree on a version we
can merge this month. Then we can work on adding support for it to all
the projects (in particular, my goal is to have support in the next
Pacemaker release, 2.1.0).
--
Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>